Job Summary: Provide mental health services in a community based setting.
Credentials and Experience
Education: Master’s degree in Mental health related field
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver direct clinical services
- Ensure all services are provided as indicated on treatment plan
- Plan, manage, and direct the caseload, as well as, the treatment of each client
- Provide mental health consultation as needed
- schedule and provide services which meet mental health center expectations independently without supervisor being present
- during time of crisis work with client, family, and staff to help client regain stability and prior level of functioning
- Provide proper information to others associated with the case to provide proper case continuity
- Communicate and consult with individuals(s) and/or group(s) regarding mental health topics or specific case referrals.
- ensure client participation by developing the Treatment Plan in session
- Initiate interaction with client’s family in order to facilitate treatment
- Complete administrative and clinical paperwork
- Provide clinical documentation which is present, accurate, timely, and in accordance to all regulatory standards and as instructed by supervisor
- Maintain Clinical Records to comply with all applicable standards
- Provide administrative documentation needed to bill and collect for services
- Provide reports / documentation by established deadlines
- Complete documentation in Avatar on a daily basis
- ensure documentation is present for all services billed
- review documentation for errors before submitting
- maintain awareness of current standards which affect documentation and billing
- correct any identified errors immediately
- complete Productivity Reports and send to supervisor as directed
- Maintain Spirit, Quality, and Productivity expectations
- Maintain quality to comply with WellStone standards
- Maintain spirit expected by WellStone
- Maintain acceptable level of productivity (100 hours per Month)
- Follow established WellStone policies and procedures
- complete work in accordance with Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement, Corporate Compliance, Operations Manual policies, and DMH / Medicaid Standards
- maintain positive working relationship with other outside agencies
- embrace constructive criticism and supervision with positive attitude
- work past five o’clock or on Saturday in order to reach productivity requirements as established by WellStone.
- participate in Mental Health Center teams as needed
- work past five o’clock in order to meet a clients need
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of various clinical interventions
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective participating member of a team.
- Ability to document correctly the goals, interventions, and outcomes of services provided.
- Ability to provide individual, family, and group treatment.