Geriatric Program Director
Provide mental health services in assigned nursing home and community setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all services provided as indicated on the treatment plan are consistent with training and qualification.
• Provide mental health consultation services for nursing home staff.
• Plan, manage and direct client caseload as well as individual treatment of clients.
• Complete assessment of referrals within three (3) working days.
• Work in cooperation with nursing home care plan team to provide a complete and coordinated plan of care for each individual client.
• Provide clinical documentation which is present, accurate, timely and in accordance with all regulatory standards.
• Provide administrative documentation needed to bill and collect for services provided.
• Provide any necessary reports or documentation by established deadlines in accordance with established Center standards.
• Maintain clinical records to comply with all applicable standards.
• Maintain a current physician’s order for service on nursing home chart.
• Complete peer review and nursing home audit as directed by Geriatric Program Director.
• Provide clinical service in other clinical settings as needed.
• Know and follow established policies and procedure.
• Exhibit proper attitude and work ethic as established by Geriatric Program Director and Center standards.
• Meet weekly productivity standards as defined by the Center.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Good leadership and supervisory skills.
• Knowledge of various clinical interventions
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective participating member of a team.
Credentials and Experience
• Master’s Degree in mental health related field.