LAUNCH Counselor (36 hrs. a week Cullman, Alabama)
Nova Center for Youth and Family
Provide assessments, individual counseling and career guidance for LAUNCH participants. Facilitate career building opportunities, group and individual counseling sessions that promote personal growth and career development.
- Master’s Degree in either social work, counseling or related field
- Previous counseling or social work experience, preferably with youth programs.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of clients, partners, support services and business representatives.
- Effective interpersonal relationships and communications.
- Ability to make public presentations, conduct meetings and communicate well, written and spoken.
- Must be computer literate with regard to e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheets.
Synopsis of Duties:
- Provide individual counseling to youth participants.
- Provide assessments including psycho-social assessments, Myers-Briggs & Strong Interest Inventory.
- Provide group counseling sessions, including “soft skills” training, motivational programs, clinical sessions, and work readiness skills.
- Network within the community to facilitate opportunities for job shadowing, business & industry tours, college tours, apprenticeship programs and employment and provide transportation as needed.
- Prepare and present case studies at Advisory Council meetings.
- Refer participants to appropriate agencies and organizations for additional support.
- Coordinate incentive program to recognize achievements and progress.