Job Description Job Title:
Chief Operations Officer
- Masters Degree & license eligible in social services related field.
- 2 years post-masters experience in behavioral healthcare.
- Ability to obtain and pursue clinical licensure.
- Prefer experience in management &/or supervision.
- Demonstrated compliance with external standards, including the Alabama Department of Mental Health, Medicaid, State & Federal laws.
- Demonstrated compliance with internal program and organizational policies, procedures, & operational protocols.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills & computer literate.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain trust with others through exhibiting personal character and professional competence.
Synopsis of Duties:
- Provide strategic planning and development for mental health services for persons age 18 and over by directly supervising the ten Adult Outpatient staff and three Adult Outpatient Staff at WellSpring Clinical Associates.
- Provide oversight and management of daily outpatient operations.
- Provide case consultation, answer and solve client complaints, alert staff to changes in protocols or processes.
- Perform performance improvement initiatives within the department to include timeliness in documentation, meeting/exceeding productivity requirements, audit preparation and readiness as well as educating staff on initiatives.
- Manage staff’s timeclock entries, leave requests, performance appraisal process and payroll submissions.
- Interview and recommend hiring of staff when necessary.
- Perform job coaching activities and progressive discipline when required/necessary.
- Ensure compliance with external administrative and clinical standards of care and applicable laws, including DMH, Medicaid, and State & Federal laws.
- Provide supervision to clinicians in order to ensure efficient and effective service delivery by all departmental staff.
- Participate in internal leadership activities, including team meetings and supervision, to promote effective collaboration & cohesion.
- Ensure compliance with internal administrative and clinical standards, including business operations, human resources, & organizational protocols.
- Provide direct clinical supervision, consultation, and services as needed.
- Review and manage productivity of staff as well as budgetary items.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Chief Clinical Officer, Chief Operations Officer or the CEO.
Job Type: Full-time