Provide substance abuse prevention programs and activities in the community for promoting
healthy lifestyles and healthy choices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide education to individuals and groups in the community with a focus on high-risk populations.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of prevention.
- Maintain accurate records of activities and events
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective participating member of a team.
- Ability to document correctly the goals, interventions, and outcomes of services provided.
- Knowledge of prevention practices, national trends and state requirements.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in mental health related field.
- APS Certification or ability to obtain certification within 18 months