Report to: Crisis Residential Center Program Director
Provides nursing function on scheduled shift; directs Mental Health Tech activities; ensures safe treatment environment
part-time or full-time, mostly nights, scheduled for 12 hour shifts with 30 min meal break; will not leave the facility during breaks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs Mental Health Tech activities
- Assign shift activities for Mental Health Techs
- Assignment meal breaks
- Medication storage and administration
- Treatment — medical and clinical
- Therapeutic milieu
- Ensures safe environment
- Effective communication between shifts
- Safety checks as scheduled
- Rounding as scheduled
- Use of SAMA techniques
- Oversee the nursing / tech part of the admission and discharge process
- Complete timely, thorough nursing assessments
- Prepares for discharge
- Coordinates discharge meeting with clinical staff
- Maintain quality to comply with WellStone standards
- Maintain spirit expected by WellStone.
- Maintain acceptable level of productivity
- Follow established Crisis Residential Center policies and procedures
- Participate in the daily shift-change communication meetings
- Participate in Cross-training Program to increase organization efficiency
Must show ability to work cooperatively with a treatment team; knowledge of a diversity of treatment approaches.
Must complete all sections of SAMA training successfully; must be able to demonstrate on an on-going basis, the ability to bend, squat, lift, etc. as needed to safely participant in restraint procedures.
Genuine respect and concern for residents; able to manage time and assigned work with minimal supervision
Credentials and Experience