We will consider Part Time, Full Time or Self-Employed Psychiatrist to work in Adult Medical
- Successful completion of an accredited medical school.
- Current medical license to practice in the State of Alabama.
- Board Certified / Board Eligible preferred
- Current Controlled Substances Registration Certificate and DEA License Registration for State of Alabama.
- Advanced knowledge of psychopharmacology.
Synopsis of Duties:
- Perform forty minute psychiatric assessments and twenty minute medication checks on clients on a schedule in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Complete thorough documentation in the Electronic Health Record in a timely fashion.
- Assist in answering questions with clients, family members, staff, consults with other psychiatrists within the Center.
- Provide comprehensive medical treatment to various clients of the Center.
- Conduct medical evaluations and/or referrals.
- Consult with various internal and external agencies.
- Conduct Psychotherapy
- Assess responses to medication or need to begin or change medication.
- Monitor possible side effects of medication.
- Client education about medication and diagnosis.
- Assess medical problems and make referrals as needed or order lab work as appropriate.
- Obtain bio/psychosocial information from clients, chief complaint, history of present illness, past medical history, past psychiatric history, family psychiatric history, social history, mental status and substance abuse history.
- Prescribe and monitor medication on a regular basis.
- Perform E-Scribing in electronic system
- Assessments through face-to-face contact with clients and if consent is received consultation with family members.
- Perform required documentation per WellStone policies procedures, Alabama State Department of Mental Health Standards, and professional discipline guidelines.
- Complete any insurance provider applications or re-credentialing forms as necessary.
- Perform Crisis Intervention and evaluation as required.
- Collaborate with internal staff such as case managers, registered nursing staff, therapists or other internal staff regarding treatment and diagnosis of client.
- Represent WellStone as assigned with organizations such as Huntsville Hospital or UAB regarding psychiatric or community issues.
- Other duties as requested by the Chief Clinical Officer or Chief Executive Officer.
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME