Requirements: Masters Degree in either Counseling, Social Work or related field
Valid AL Driver’s License, Good 5-year Motor Vehicle Record, Reliable Transportation
MUST Obtain Personal Automobile Liability Insurance Minimum of $300k/$100k/$50k
Must attend State of Alabama Adult Case Management Training
Knowledge of Community Lay-out (Madison County Area), Agencies & Resources Excellent oral and written communications skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Madison County Metro Jail staff, Judges, Probation Officers, Attorneys, Community agencies and other members of Jail Diversion Team.
- Identify individuals in the Metro Jail eligible for release who have Mental Health and Substance Abuse needs
- Perform assessments, individual, family and/or group therapy to jail diversion clients
- Develop a Treatment Plan with the client and meet and/or exceed productivity goals
- Establish continuity of care with participants by reducing recidivism rate and linking participants to needed services.
- Assist participants with establishing and maintaining a healthy support system, living environment and financial stability.
- Visit participants in their environment to assess progress, provide instruction, support and direction.
- Provide family support and education as needed.
- Ensure participant receives minimum contact once per week during initial transition phase.
- Coordinate, attend and ensure participant follow up with court hearings and treatment services to include drug rehabilitation services and medical services.
- Completely necessary paperwork in a timely manner in accordance with State and Program Standards. (Treatment Plans, Progress Notes, SUN-R, tracking after release, etc.)
- Become aware of participants medications, side effects, triggers and signs of decompensation and/or relapse.
- Provide traditional case management services as well as collateral services such as transportation to appointments and other ancillary services.
- Assist participants through crisis situations and/or arrange for the provision of such assistance.
- Attend and participate in Diversion Team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.